Friday, October 30, 2009

Connectivism

Mind Mapping






Click on the image to enlarge it!

The major change I've realized using the ICT networks has been the speed and convenience the new tools allow.
It's an interesting exercise to use this assignment on "mind mapping" as an example.
The example above is a first try of sorts and, of course, barely expresses what I had in mind to present. Nevertheless, there are ample tools that would lend themselves quickly and easily to use that would save an enormous amount of time to develop a good graphical demonstration for this assignment.
The internet search engines, the computer word processors and certainly the distance learning connections do an incredible job of making the learning process much easier and less frustrating.
I have my own methods of learning new things, but the internet and word processing tools have sped things up significantly. It is very easy, for example, to find satisfactory resources for most references. I always had good resources available in my study, but would have to spend many an hour in libraries on tasks that would take less than a minute today!

2 comments:

  1. Bill,

    Like you I was taken a bit by the availability of the mind mapping tools and how well they worked. I am also encouraged to see an experienced teacher in of a pure science, such as you using them and applying it accordingly.

    DJH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I actually used the tool I use in school with my second grade class. We are teaching them very early how effective this type of tool can be.
    Like you, I find that I save a lot of time by doing research on the internet. I remember spending hours on campus searching for resources and walking away with very little. Now I can easily become overwhelmed by the amount of information I can find by using the internet. I have had to learn how to filter my searches to limit the amount of resources I access.

    ReplyDelete